Game of the People is edited by Neil Jensen, an experienced corporate and football writer. In his long career, Neil has been a magazine editor, website editor, speechwriter, advertising copy writer and ghost writer. He is a member of the Football Writers’ Association, the 20th Century Society and the Football Collective and is a Freeman of the City of London. He spent 40 years working in the City of London, including 26 years with Deutsche Bank as Editorial Director. Neil has worked as a freelance for the BBC and SKY Sports over the years and has had five books published, Chelsea FC The first 10 years (1986), The Men from Fishponds Road (1995), Tales of the Town (2017), Mittel – European Football Stories (2018) and The Great Uncrowned, which was published in September 2022 by Pitch Publishing. His next book, to be published in 2024, is The Summer of Total Football, the story of the 1974 World Cup.
Neil has written for a broad range of publications and clients, including:
- The Economist (November 2021, World Ahead in 2022 on football)
- The Blizzard
- Off the Pitch
- Soccerex – Football Finance 100
- World Football Summit
- CISI Review
- TIFO Football (now Athletic) – Video scripts
- Brand Finance – Editorial for Brand Finance Football Annual/Football 50
- The New European – multiple articles on European football
- Football Weekends – monthly columnist.
You can contact Neil here: email@example.com
Telephone: 0044 798 498 2034